Happy holidays from all of us to you. We hope you winter year-end festivities are merry and bright. In keeping your holiday happiness from turning into an oral health care nightmare, please remember to take additional precautions to keep your teeth and gums safe this season.
Our dentist and team want to wish you the happiest of holidays with the healthiest of oral hygiene habits. Listed below are some holiday hints to keep your smile bright all season long:
– Protect your teeth with a mouth guard or facemask from dangerous outdoor activities such as skiing, sledding, hockey, and ice skating.
– Don’t bite down on anything that can easily chip or crack teeth, such as icicles or jumbo candy canes.
– Be sure to brush and floss with extra care if you enjoy holiday sweets such as chewy candy, candy canes, peppermint bark, peanut brittle, popcorn balls, or gummy sweets. Many holiday snacks can easily stick to your teeth and gums and are more difficult to remove.
– If you are looking for a great snack to enhance your smile, sugarless gum has been shown to fight against the effects of cavities when chewed for over 20 minutes after a meal.
– Avoid sugary drinks that seek to promote tooth decay.
If you have suffered from an oral accident or simply wish for a professional cleaning from our dentists, please contact our office in El Paso, Texas, at 915-593-1900. You can also schedule an appointment with Dr. Michael Mullen. We look forward to making your smile merry for the holidays!