If you are ready to take your oral health care to the next level, it is important to remember to take extra care of your teeth and gums during the Halloween season and the holidays to come. Be aware that candy consumption is at an all-time high during Halloween, and often leads to oral ailments such as cavities, tooth decay, and oral injuries. Here’s a list of things you need to remember:
– Dental visits: Don’t forget to stop by our office for additional check-ups and cleanings.
– Dispose of extra candy: It is important to make sure extra candy is not left lying around, so get rid of it after Halloween is over.
– Exchange programs: As an incentive for your child to eat less candy, consider swapping out their candy in exchange for money, toys, or other suitable rewards.
– Sticky sweets: Avoid sticky or chewy sweets that can linger. This includes products such as taffy, caramels, and gummies.
– Tooth chipping: Avoid products that can chip or crack your teeth. This includes products such as popcorn kernels, Candy Apples, and hard candies.
Michael R. Mullen D.D.S. wishes you all a safe and happy Halloween! If you would like to book an appointment with Dr. Michael Mullen, please call us at 915-593-1900, or stop by our office in El Paso, Texas. We look forward to speaking with you soon!