The best insurance policy for your dentures is keeping them safe and intact. We want to help you keep your dentures healthy, so we created a few hygiene and safety tips for you to follow:
- Soak your dentures overnight: Place the dentures in a mild denture-soaking solution overnight in order to eliminate the bacteria on them. You can speak with our dentist, Dr. Michael Mullen, to identify the best method for you. This will kill bacteria on them.
- Handle your dentures carefully: Take care when handling your dentures. You don’t want to break the clasps or the plastic.
- Clean your mouth: After removing your dentures, use a soft-bristled toothbrush on natural teeth. You can use gauze or a soft toothbrush to clean your gums and tongue.
- Rinse your dentures: Before you put them back in your mouth, you should rinse them. Especially if you use a soaking solution.
- Brush your dentures daily: Thoroughly remove food and plaque by using a non-abrasive denture cleaner. Make sure to clean grooves and small crevices.
- Schedule regular dental check ups. Dr. Michael Mullen will tell you how often you should come in for a thorough cleaning and inspection. To schedule an appointment with Michael R. Mullen D.D.S. in El Paso, Texas, call 915-593-1900.
We want your experience with dentures to be a positive one. If you use these six habits, your dentures will stay clean, free of debris, and you may never need another set.